The Oberlin Project is committed to
- Creating one of the first climate positive cities in America by shifting the City and College to renewable energy sources, radically improving efficiency, sharply reducing our carbon emissions, and improving our economy in the process. Learn how »
- Creating new and supporting existing business ventures in energy efficiency and solar deployment, food and agriculture, and the sustainable use of local resources.
- Conserving 20,000 acres of green space and developing a robust local foods economy to meet 70% of our consumption.
- Creating an educational alliance between the College, the Oberlin Schools, the Joint Vocational School, and Lorain County Community College focused on integrating sustainability into education at all levels.
- Developing a 13-acre Green Arts District at the US Green Building Council Platinum level.
- Serving as a model that can be replicated in other communities.